July 2, 2021 at 8:21 pm | Updated April 15, 2022 at 4:38 pm | < 1 min read
Sweetening the industry with targeted research into crop characteristics.
As a Senior Agronomy Scientist at Mars Inc., Rany Agustina Susanti and her team extensively used the CI-110 Plant Canopy Imager in their work to improve efficiency of high productivity cacao farms using orchard intensive cropping systems.
Though other options were available, she selected the CI-110 in multiple funding rounds, using legacy instrumentation and then upgrading to the latest version of the technology. Studying cacao orchards in Indonesia, she needed a tool that could measure canopy parameters easily in the field, allowing her team to “go deeper into analysis of specific clones and maximize production in the orchard system.”
- Transpiration in Plants: Its Importance and Applications
- Leaf Area – How & Why Measuring Leaf Area…
- How to Analyze Photosynthesis in Plants: Methods and Tools
- Forest & Plant Canopy Analysis – Tools…
- The Importance of Leaf Area Index (LAI) in…
- The Forest Canopy: Structure, Roles & Measurement
- Root Respiration: Importance and Applications
- Irrigating with Saline or Seawater
- Crop Water Use Efficiency Explained
- Stomatal Conductance: Functions, Measurement, and…