CID Staff Featured in Upcoming Portland State University Video
September 15, 2016 at 1:34 am | Updated September 16, 2021 at 7:15 am | < 1 min read
Last week we welcomed a film crew from Portland State University to CID headquarters to participate in an upcoming promotional video “PSU Squared.” The new film highlights PSU university graduates and how they are using their degrees in the working world.
Application Scientist Andrea Melnychenko, a featured graduate who interviewed with the crew, had this to say about her day in the spotlight: “I was excited to be featured in the development of a site aimed at drawing students into scientific fields. I had a great experience at PSU, and the interdisciplinary focus of my research prepared me for the job I have now. It’s important to let prospective students know that the educational experiences at the university help prepare you for success in your future career. There is life outside of academia! “
CID has long had a productive relationship with PSU, both in research collaboration and a successful internship program. And no fewer than three PSU alumni work here at CID:
Andrea Melnychenko, Application Scientist and QA Manager – M.S. in Biology
Dan Lee, Embedded Software Developer – M.S. in Computer Science
Ryan LeRud, R&D Technologist – completing his Ph.D. in Physics.
We feel fortunate to have such a strong academic partner in PSU!
Related ProductsCI-110 Plant Canopy Imager CI-202 Portable Laser Leaf Area Meter CI-203 Handheld Laser Leaf Area Meter CI-340 Handheld Photosynthesis System CI-710s SpectraVue Leaf Spectrometer CI-602 Narrow Gauge Root Imager CI-600 In-Situ Root Imager
Most Popular Articles
- Transpiration in Plants: Its Importance and Applications
- Leaf Area – How & Why Measuring Leaf Area…
- How to Analyze Photosynthesis in Plants: Methods and Tools
- Forest & Plant Canopy Analysis – Tools…
- The Importance of Leaf Area Index (LAI) in…
- The Forest Canopy: Structure, Roles & Measurement
- Root Respiration: Importance and Applications
- Crop Water Use Efficiency Explained
- Irrigating with Saline or Seawater
- Measuring Competition in Crop Plants: Mechanisms…
Request a quote for a CID Bio-Science Product
Pricing and all related materials will be sent directly to your inbox.