Non-Destructive and Efficient: The Benefits of the CI-203 Handheld Laser Leaf Area Meter for Plant Research
February 17, 2023 at 4:33 pm | Updated February 17, 2023 at 4:33 pm | 2 min read
Looking to simplify and streamline your plant research data-collection workflow? Look no further than the CI-203 Handheld Laser Leaf Area Meter, the non-destructive solution to quick and intuitive leaf area measurements. This state-of-the-art instrument enables researchers to gather essential data for a wide range of applications, including forestry and environmental research, crop production, and plant physiology.
The CI-203 is designed to be field-ready and durable, making it a reliable tool for collecting leaf area measurements in any environment. The wand-style design is intuitive and user-friendly, enabling anyone to collect data quickly and easily. With seven measurement parameters gathered in a single scan, researchers can gain accurate insights into leaf area, width, length, perimeter, shape factor, ratio, and void count. An onboard graphic LCD display enables real-time scan verification, and an included removable SD card provides virtually unlimited storage and easy data transfer. Internal GPS tagging ensures consistent and traceable measurements, making it easy to repeat measurements in the same location over time.
At CID Bio-Science, we’re committed to making plant research easier and more efficient, and the CI-203 Handheld Laser Leaf Area Meter is just one of the tools we offer to make that possible. Whether you’re a seasoned researcher or just starting out, this state-of-the-art instrument can help you collect the essential data you need for your research. Check out our product infographic to learn more about the features and benefits of the CI-203, and see for yourself how it can revolutionize your data collection workflow.
Download the full product infographic here
Related ProductsCI-110 Plant Canopy Imager CI-202 Portable Laser Leaf Area Meter CI-203 Handheld Laser Leaf Area Meter
- Teaching with plant science tools
- Guest Post: Using Plant Science Tools to Monitor and Restore a Native Hawaiian Forest
- Transpiration, Evapotranspiration, and Leaf Area Index
- Managing the White Zone: An Interview with Yale’s Assistant Professor Sparkle on the Impact of Water Management in the Everglades
Most Popular Articles
- Transpiration in Plants: Its Importance and Applications
- Leaf Area – How & Why Measuring Leaf Area…
- How to Analyze Photosynthesis in Plants: Methods and Tools
- Forest & Plant Canopy Analysis – Tools…
- The Importance of Leaf Area Index (LAI) in…
- The Forest Canopy: Structure, Roles & Measurement
- Root Respiration: Importance and Applications
- Crop Water Use Efficiency Explained
- Irrigating with Saline or Seawater
- Measuring Competition in Crop Plants: Mechanisms…
Request a quote for a CID Bio-Science Product
Pricing and all related materials will be sent directly to your inbox.