September 15, 2016 at 1:43 am | Updated September 16, 2021 at 7:15 am | < 1 min read
CID Bio-Science recently welcomed six environmental engineers from the Chinese Research Institute of Highway (RIOH) to receive training on the CI-340 Handheld Photosynthesis System. The RIOH is a national research institute overseeing all aspects of transportation in China, including environmental preservation and impact studies around transport environments.
We were honored to spend the day with Shen Yi, Ni Dong, Xi Chenggang, Yang Yangang, Fan Qinqchun and Li Yin, who traveled to Camas from Beijing with the support of a Chinese government travel grant for education. The engineers met with Application Scientist Brienne Meyer for training on the CI-340; afterwards Office Manager Suzy Truitt provided a tour of our historically landmarked building, with Production Manager Yu-yun Su translating. After enjoying a lunch of traditional American BBQ together, Shen Yi extended an invitation for CID to join an event in China later this year to train dozens of researchers and government officials on the use and applications of our instruments. We are all hoping we’ll be selected to make the trip!
It is always a pleasure for us to meet the researchers and end-users who use our instruments, as well as those who may be interested in learning more about our products and company. If you are ever in our area and would like to receive in-person training, tour our building, or speak with one of us about what we do here at CID Bio-Science, please let us know! We would be happy to schedule an appointment for you to visit us!
- Transpiration in Plants: Its Importance and Applications
- Leaf Area – How & Why Measuring Leaf Area…
- How to Analyze Photosynthesis in Plants: Methods and Tools
- Forest & Plant Canopy Analysis – Tools…
- The Importance of Leaf Area Index (LAI) in…
- The Forest Canopy: Structure, Roles & Measurement
- Root Respiration: Importance and Applications
- Irrigating with Saline or Seawater
- Crop Water Use Efficiency Explained
- Stomatal Conductance: Functions, Measurement, and…